P: 877.999.3334

​F: 877.389.1462

Tie the Knot Ceremonies - logo


                                                                                                                      FRANK A. MEOLA, DD, Officiant



Before a wedding ceremony can legally be performed, a marriage license must have been issued not more than ninety (90) days prior to the wedding date.  It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to secure the marriage license.  Tie the Knot Ceremonies is authorized to issue a Marriage License. Click HERE for an application. If a previous marriage ended in death, dissolution, annulment or Term SRDP within ninety (90) days of the application date (and it is so indicated on the application), proof of termination of marriage (death certificate, divorce decree, court order, etc.) will be required at the time of application before a  new license will be issued. Keep in mind that by signing the application, you certify that the answers you supplied on the application are correct to the best of your knowledge.  Any questions on this policy should be directed to the Office of the County Clerk-Recorder. After the wedding, I will file the license with the County Clerk in the county in which it was issued.

Most counties accept online applications. (Check the county website or call the county clerk's office for details). Marriage licenses may be obtained from the County Clerk’s office, at the following locations:

County Clerk Office Locations

LOS ANGELES COUNTY CLERK  (562) 426-2189  Fees:  (P) $91.00 / (C) $85.00

Avalon: Catalina Branch Court ~ (562) 462-2189
Beverly Hills: 9355 Burton Way, 3rd Floor, Room 300 ~ (310) 288-1261
Lancaster:  44509 16th St. West, Suite 101 ~ (661) 945-6446
LAX Courthouse: 11701 S. La Cienega Blvd, 6th Floor ~ (310) 727-6142
Los Angeles: 4716 East Cesar Chavez Avenue ~ (323) 260-2991
Los Angeles: 7807 S. Compton Avenue ~ (323) 586-6192
Norwalk: 12400 Imperial Highway, Room 2001 ~ (562) 462-2137
Van Nuys: 14340 West Sylvan Street ~ (818) 376-3700

ORANGE COUNTY CLERK (714) 834-2500 Fees: (P) $61.00 / (C) $66.00

Fullerton: 201 N. Harbor Blvd.
Laguna Hills: Civic Center - 24031 El Toro Road, Suite 150
Santa Ana: 12 Civic Center Plaza, Room 101/106
Santa Ana: 211 West Santa Ana Blvd.

RIVERSIDE COUNTY CLERK  (951) 486-7000  Fees:  (P) $90.00 / (C) $100.00

Blythe: 270 N. Broadway, (760) 921-5050
Gateway: 2724 Gateway Dr. (951) 486-7000
Downtown: County Administrative Center - 4080 Lemon St, 1st Floor
Hemet: County Administrative Center - 880 N. State Street, Suite B-6
Palm Desert: 38-686 El Cerrito Road ~ (760)863-8732
Temecula: 41002 County Center Drive, #230

SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY CLERK  (855) 732-2575  Fees:  (P) $89.00 / (C) $90.00

Hesperia: 5900 Smoke Tree Street ~ (760) 995-8065
San Bernardino: W. Hospitality Lane, 1st Floor ~ (909) 387-8306

SAN DIEGO COUNTY CLERK  (619) 237-0502  Fees:  (P) $70.00 / (C) $89.00

Chula Vista: 590 3rd Ave ~ (619) 237-0502
El Cahon:  200 S. Magnolia Ave ~ (619) 237-0502
Kearny Mesa: 9225 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. ~ (619) 237-0502
San Diego: 1600 Pacific Highway, Suite 260 ~ (760) 630-1219
San Marcos: 141 E. Carmel St ~ (760) 630-1219 

VENTURA COUNTY CLERK  (805) 654-2263  Fees:  (P) $98.00 / (C) $109.00

Thousand Oaks: 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. (Tu/Thu)
Ventura: 800 South Victoria Avenue  ~ (805) 654-2263

SANTA BARBARA COUNTY CLERK  (805) 346-8370  Fees:  (P) $100.00 / (C) $111.00

Lompoc: 401 E. Cypress Street, Room 102
Santa Barbara: 1100 Anacapa Street
Santa Maria: 511 E. Lakeside Parkway, Room 115 ~ (805) 737-7706     

Updated 01/01/2018

There are two types of Marriage Licenses:
Public Marriage License (detailed above):
You can get married anywhere in the State of California.

Confidential Marriage License:
Same as Public License, except that there is no public record of the license.  It is generally used by high-profile couples, law enforcement, private detectives, or by anyone who wants complete privacy.  The marriage license contains a lot of personal information. I can issue the license for an additional fee (See Fee Schedule).  Click HERE for an application. 

Certified Copy of Marriage License:
The Certified Copy is needed to legally change names on all important documents, such as social security, bank accounts, safety deposit boxes, medical and life insurance records, deeds of property, CD’s, 401K’s, drivers’ license, and all other personal records.

To obtain a Certified Copy of your marriage license, you will need to complete an application (sometimes supplied by the clerk when you obtain the license), with the current published fee.  I can process that for you when I file the marriage license, or you may submit it on your own at a later date.  If you file the application on your own, the "Certificate of Identity" section of the application MUST be notarized (only one party needs to sign in the presence of the notary).   If I process the application for you, I can notarize it when we meet.  No notarization is required if you apply in person, as you will sign the application in the presence of the clerk.  Click HERE for an application.

Some counties will allow you to apply and pay for a Certified Copy at their office when you pick up your Marriage License. Most counties take approximately 3-10 weeks to process the Certified Copies.  Certified Copies will be sent directly to you from the County Clerk's office.